Loch Ness Steamer – The Glengarry. Built in 1844 as the “Edinburgh Castle” she worked the Caledonian Canal from 1847 for 80 years. In the 1870s she was lengthened, provided with saloons and renamed “Glengarry”. From 1895 the Glengarry was placed on the Loch Ness mail run from Fort Augustus to Inverness where she remained until her last run on 29 October 1927. She was broken up 3 months later. At 83 she was the oldest steamship in the world. Photograph courtesy of Iain Cameron.
Full size is 1000 × 629 pixels