Whitebridge from the Chaple bridge westward to Loch Tarff takes its name from the bridge crossing the Fechlin river which was built by General Wade in 1732 ( So called after the white stone that was used in building it ). . There are several Mansion Houses/ Shooting Lodges in the area , Dell, Garrogie ,Knockie , Killin and another one Stronelarig was recently demollished . Whitebridge has an hotel and at one time had a Shop and Post Office .
Copyright © 2014 SLNHG all rights reserved