Hillhead 1959. Originally Hillhead consisted of just a croft but in the 1950s the Forestry Commission built houses on part of the croft for its workers. The very steep incline that existed from the old bridge at Inverfarigaig up to the ridge was called the Hillhead brae but the gradient was decreased when the new bridge was opened in the 1970s. Photograph courtesy of Alister Chisholm.
Full size is 1000 × 661 pixels