Johnson’s Stone. On the road between Dores and Inverfarigaig is a strip of arable land known as An Ire Mhor. The ruins of a Change House can be seen at this point. Travellers would change their horses there or rest for the night. It was visited by Dr. Samuel Johnson and James Boswell as part of their Highland travels in 1773. The stone pictured here has now gone. Photograph courtesy of Iain Cameron.
Full size is 1000 × 593 pixels